Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Good Company"

A LAZY AFTERNOON

I had big plans for getting alot of things accomplished today, but nothing has really inspired me to get in and do any of it! I did manage to take myself to the grocery store and get that out of the way for the rest of the week!
Yesterday we went to my nieces baby shower. She is having her first little cowgirl and she is going to be the best dressed little cowpokett around! On the way home we stopped at a book store and I bought a couple of books that I have been wanting to read," Twilight". I know that I am way behind on reading this, but I am that way in a lot of things in my life. Everyone says that the book is really good, but I am excited about starting it because the town of Forks that it takes place in was where we lived for thirteen years! In in first few pages of the book it talks about the never ending rain...Oh my goodness, the first
two years that we lived there I thought that I would never stop seeing the rain falling from the sky. I did grow to really love the little town in the summertime. There was the beach and lots of time spent swimming at the river, and fishing. But I do have to say that it would of been an experience to meet a vampire! So for the rest of my lazy Sunday afternoon I am going to sit in my comfy chair with a cup of peppermint tea, curl up with a blanket and my little Foo Foo, listen to the rain and let my book take me away to the little town of Forks and vampires!

"HAPPY READING"

9 comments:

  1. Love the doggie in glasses!!! They look good on her, you may have to get her her own pair, Bow-Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny picture of Holly Foo Foo ~ I bet she could scare off a few vampires on her own wearing those glasses! I also finally read the first book in the Twilight series. I borrowed it from a friend at work and managed to squeeze in some reading in between spending time with my niece and nephew and the baby shower. I may just have to run out and buy the next book in the series! Happy reading...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at cute foo foo girl! Sounds like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is hilarious, your foo-foo looks a bit like a vampiress there, with those teeth!
    I saw the movie, then bought the book...so I started it, then haven't finished it. I guess just seeing the movie kind of put a damper on it, although I've heard the book is better. I do hope to finish it and start the next one before the next movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the foo foo with glasses! It is so her!
    I haven't read the "Twilight" book or seen the movie. Maybe PG will loan me her book if she ever finishes it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Foo Foo looks like a vampire...of course she and I do have a LOVE/HATE relationship, don't we???

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was supposed to go into the 50s yesterday, but it never got out of the 40s, with 30 mph winds. I stayed in side and drank peppermint tea myself. Great minds think alike, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that picture is hilarious! I'm so glad I finally found your blog! Now I can stay caught up with your adventures with Albert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I just tagged you to post the 6th photo in your 6th folder! You don't have to play if you don't want to but it's fun to see what everyone picks!! :-)
    Go to my blog to see.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete