Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"RAINY AND WINDY WEATHER"

AGATES, AGATES, AND MORE AGATES!


Every one is talking about how tired they are of the rain and how nice it will be when spring gets here. I will be too, but there was a time when I always hoped it would be windy and stormy!
Dusty Devoe and I both had homes at the beach a few years ago and one of our passions then was beach walking and looking for treasures! Many mornings we would get up and be out the door at daylight if the tide was low so we could beat the other beach combers to our spot. The best hunting was always after a big storm when everything was churned up. We would take Jax and Rosie with us and let them loose when we got far enough away from everyone. They would play and run threw the dunes and chase the birds and run along the water. They were great buddies! Rosie could be a little sneaky sometimes and disappear so you had to keep an eye on her!
We would spend hours out on the beach looking for beach glass, shells agates, glass balls, buoys , petrified wood and anything else that caught our fancy! I will have to say that dusty Devoe and I had a pretty keen eye for spotting those agates! I remember one particular morning when Jax and I went out and found all kinds of things on the way down to the point. When we got down to the end of our journey it was an amazing day. The sun was out that morning and on the sand lay more agates glistening then I had ever seen before! Not just little ones but the big ones that Dusty Devoe and I coveted! So, yes I am looking forward to spring and warm weather but there are times that I long for the days when we were out looking for Treasures!


MY GRAND AND LARGEST AGATE MY LARGEST PIECE OF PETRIFIED WOOD

A BOWL FULL OF AGATES!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful memories of your "beach years"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also miss the beach walks. Aaron and I love visiting the Oregon beaches, but we have yet to find any treasures compared to what we would find on the Washington beaches. I recall one time we came upon an eagle sitting on a washed up tree log and we must've gotten within 10 feet of it before it noticed us and flew off. Oh, yes and the baby seals. Remember those? Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved those beach walks, too! I got into finding the agates as well, and have a small collection of them myself. They were quite addictive, those treasure hunts! :) You should put the "big kahuna" next to something so we can tell how big it really is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we did have lots of fun! I need to get out all my favorite treasures and look at them!

    ReplyDelete