Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Feeling Lazy

"My Beautiful Prince"

I felt so lazy all day. I knew that I had a lesson after work and I kept thinking that I wished that I could just go home and be lazy! The problem is that most of the time that is what I am! I knew once that I got out there I would be ok. It was just coming home and changing your clothes and hopping in the car and getting moving! I always look when I come down the long driveway to see where Albert is and he wasn't in the pasture which meant that "COWBOY T" had taken him in for me!(I have been having issues with going out to the gelding pasture, more about that at a later date) Thank you "COWBOY T!" I gather up all my gear and walk down to Alberts stall and there is that cute little face looking out at me! I love his little face, it brings smiles to mine!

I love to touch his nose! It feels like velvet and I could keep feeling it all day!

I love his beautiful, kind eyes! They mesmerize me! I love it when you can see him follow you!




I even love his dirty little feet!


I love everything about this beautiful little guy! And yes, I then felt very guilty for thinking that I didn't want to go out to the barn. Albert and I had a very good lesson today and it was so worth going out there for every second that I got to spend with him! It is so amazing what they give to you! My lesson today was more that just about riding!

6 comments:

  1. I also have those kind of days and am always so grateful that the Bossman saddles for me on the days we ride together. As much as I love the grooming, most days...it is nice to get there and have your horse saddled and just waiting for you! Glad you had a good lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can get back in a financial position to take lessons. I sorely need them.

    I like Albert's "spots".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post Mama Jlynn. Very creative and the pictures look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have those days! I started packing my barn clothes in the morning and changing at work so I wouldn't have to go home in between and wouldn't be tempted to just veg on the couch. It's too easy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very honest thoughts, Auntie. It is hard to get motivated, but if you really love it, you make the commitment. For the amount of money we spend on our horses, we'd better not let them sit. I am out there w/My Boy rain or shine, mud or not. I even have to drive forever to get there. I do it because he needs the attention and there is no place I'd rather be. I love my couch too, but I love my horse more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also feel that same way, vegging on the couch, too tired. I admit I don't spend as much time as I should with my horses, at least not this time of year. Part of my problem is I don't tolerate the cold very well. I don't have a barn where I can just go and spend hours with them. That is one of my dreams, to have that barn so I can spend hours out there with them during the rain and cold. Maybe some day.........

    ReplyDelete