Sunday, November 15, 2009

"RAWHIDE"

It was a windy and rainy day today, so I put a big pot of beans and ham in the crock pot to cook all day while I went out to the barn and rode my boy and ran a few errands. Came home and the house smelled so good!! We whipped up some cornbread and threw it in the oven and twenty min. later we are ready to eat!!
While I sat down to eat I thought to myself , what if I was eating this out on the trail? What fun would that be and a vision suddenly came to me!!! I could see the "PONY COUSINS" out on the trail and my story was beginning to shape!

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'
Though the streams are swollen'
Keep them doggies Rollin'
"RAWHIDE"
Through rain and wind and weather
Hell bent for leather
Wishing my guy was by my side
All the things I'm missin'
Good hugs, love and kissin'
Will be waiting at the end of my "RIDE"


And so my story begins:

The "DESERT ROSE" has to play the part of Gil Favor "The Trail Boss"



Now "PONY COUSINS" I don't want any fighting about who gets to play

"ROWDY YATES"
"The Ramrod"

This is my story and I have been in love with
CLINT EASTWOOD
since I was a little girl
and
watched "RAWHIDE" every week with my dad!
So my darling "Pony Cousins"
that part will be played by me,

"A COWGIRLS GRACE"


The part of Pete Nolan "The Trail Scout"
will be played by

"SADDLE MT. RIDER"


Of course the part of our
chuck wagon boss,

"WISHBONE"

will be played
by

"SHE WHO RIDES MANY PONIES"
and her sidekick

"COUSIN E"

will play "MUSHY" the cooks assistant



Our "TRAIL HANDS" will be

"DUSTY DEVOE
"
and
"The Divine Miss C"


The "PONY COUSINS" would defend their herd against any of them thar
cow rustler's that would try and take their herds or what was rightly theirs. They have integrity and honesty that any "COWGIRL" would be proud of. They would defend each other until their dying breath. Their family ties are stronger than any cowgirl could imagine. These "TRAIL DROVERS" stand tall and proud for what they have become and what they believe in! They pass this history on to the future
"PONY COUSINS."
And so the story never has an

"ENDING"

but always a

"BEGINNING"

ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'

"RAWHIDE"

8 comments:

  1. Very cute story, Cousin! I think you make a great "Rowdy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a wanna be Pony Cousin...!
    you Pony Cousins have the most fun. I bet you all are a real hoot when you get together!!!

    Fun Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the story there! what kind of doggies are heading out??? how far are we going and when do we leave!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm too young for Rawhide. I wonder if it's still on TV somewhere?? Cousin E would know!! :) Your lunch looked delish! And cozy, especially for the nasty fall weather you've been getting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to tell you I thought this post turned out really cute. I loved the Rawhide idea! Your beans were good too and they killed to birds with one stone, it's always good when you get a blog post out of what you cook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always loved Rawhide, and Rowdy of course !! One of these days, I'm gonna talk one of you into making me an honorary cousin!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving !!!

    ReplyDelete